Friday, July 26, 2013

Knowing Jesus


1 Corinthians 2:10-16
(10)  But God has revealed them to us by His Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God.
(11)  For who among men knows the things of a man except the spirit of man within him? So also no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
(12)  But we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit from God, so that we might know the things that are freely given to us by God.
(13)  These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
(14)  But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
(15)  But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged by no one.
(16)  For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.

    I don't take the Word of God for granted! Many today have taken liberties with the Holy Writ and it's meaning to make their point of view "right". When I look at the way that people try to make a saint look like a "hate monger" because they quote the Word as it is intended, I have an issue with that. The Lord told us to beware of "false-Christs" and that the enemy is able to put on as an "Angel of Light". Satan tried his trick with Jesus Himself in the wilderness during His forty days in the desert, by using the scriptures by misquote. So, what do we do when we are engaged in a interchange where someone tries to twist the Word of God? First of all we should learn the Scriptures. II Timothy 2:15 (one of my favorite scriptures). Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. In the study of God's holy word we get multiple blessings: 1. We get to know the goodness of God through His deeds in creation. 2. We get to know Him in His holiness. 3. We get to know Him in love for man and the lengths to which He went to redeem us. 4. We get to know Him as Sovereign and Lord of all. And 5. We get to understand that His Word isn't interpreted by man's intellect, but only by revelation through the Holy Spirit.

    Now I don't when I give a lesson on the Word of God rely on my intellect, because I will tell you that without the guidance of the Holy Spirit I can't tell you nothing of the things of God. Period! It is ONLY by the Holy Spirits teaching of scripture can I teach on the Holy Word. This goes for study of the Bible also, you can read all that you want, but if you don't ask the Lord to open the Word for you, then it will remain a mystery and not make any sense to you. Now I know that many may challenge me on this, but I think that the Word of God will confirm what I'm saying here.

(10)  But God has revealed them to us by His Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God.

    God will reveal to us the understanding of His Word by the Holy Spirit, and in this He will give to us what we need to understand at that time. There are a lot of things that I desire to know of the things of God, but it isn't always the things that I need at this time. He gives me understanding and wisdom according to what He sees for me to have in this season. That is not to say that He won't reveal deeper things to me, but it will be in the time that He has appointed for me to know them. So in saying that, when we study the Word, we should be prayerful in the study of scripture, seeking the revelation that God has for us to receive.

(11)  For who among men knows the things of a man except the spirit of man within him? So also no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.

    When I see people try to rationalize God by man's knowledge, I see false religion and a false gospel. How many times have you watched the mainstream media when they have some so called "theologian" come on their shows and make a totally ignorant statement in regards to what scripture says in relation to an "issue". Man, it burns me up because they are leading people to believe a lie verses the truth of God's Word. These false prophets lead billions to hell through a feel good gospel, one that has no sin or consequence. They tell the masses that there are many roads to heaven and that good works are enough to get them favor with God. But in the truth of God's Word we are shown that it is faith in God's act of love through which we are saved and that our works of righteousness alone are as filthy rags and can't save us.


Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 
Eph 2:9  Not of works, lest any man should boast. 

   Man's way is to make himself good enough to stand before God, but God's way is make man able to come before Him by faith in Jesus. Jesus Christ is the only way that man is able to approach God! Through the blood and it's cleansing power are we able to come before the throne of God, kneel at the "Mercy Seat". 

(12)  But we have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit from God, so that we might know the things that are freely given to us by God.

   We will know the difference between the truth and a lie by the Holy Spirit and the witness that He gives us in our soul. When a false prophet speaks and calls for an "amen", our spirit will say "NOT SO". That's why when these "Whoopster Preachers" get to yellin and hollerin and you can't understand them. I don't say nothing at all, because I can't amen something that I don't know anything about. Really, think about it. If you were in a court of law and evidence was being presented to you, but because the delivery was loud and unintelligible you miss a lot of the communications, could you make a judgment from the evidence presented? Well it is the same thing when being preached to, how can you witness when you don't understand what's being preached? But God wants us to hear what He has to tell us. Now before I go any further I know that a lot of folks are going to say: My Pastor preaches loud and speaks the truth. Well, I'm not saying that all who preach in this manner are false prophets, but God uses the "Man of God" to expound His truth and not muddle it. Preaching needs to be clear for the people to hear. When we as preachers deliver the Word of God need to make it understandable to all who will receive it.

(13)  These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches, but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

    It is so shameful when I hear preachers preaching a mash up of "Pop Culture" and "Theology". How sad that it is that so many will accept this false preaching for truth. I feel that the biggest factor in this that "Christians" don't read the scriptures for themselves, but let their Bibles set unopened while this false teaching is poured into their ears as truth. If a believer will do as Paul told Timothy and study the Word of God, he would be able to spot the first sign of false doctrine, he will be able to refute the lies with truth. Why? Because the Holy Spirit teaches us what the Word says, He gives to us understanding, wisdom, and knowledge. I remember when I first began to study the scriptures, how as I prayed for understanding God gave it, and gave it liberally. I hungered (still do) for His understanding and His teaching. Through study and hearing "Men of God" (Women, too) expound on the scriptures, God taught me everything that I know and gave to me understanding. (I've got a long way to go, still) I want to tell you this: if you ask God for understanding, He will give it. Seek Him Saints!

14)  But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

    Well this verse pretty much explains itself. The natural man has no desire to know God or His ways. Therefore, he won't understand the things of God because they are foolishness to him. The cross and all that God has done to save us is seen as nonsense to them and with that they refuse to receive truth. So by their own hand do they remove themselves from having the blinders taken away and fall headlong into destruction. But, I'll say this though, if they will hear and not resist the calling of the Lord, then will He reveal Himself to them. (That was me, folks.) Religious, but lost! Praise God for not giving up on me! Thank you, Lord!

(15)  But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged by no one.

    How many times have we heard folks say: you ought not to judge! Well, I say to that: Horse feathers! When God reveals to you truth (His Word) and you look at sin and see that it is contrary to His Word, then the witness of the Holy Spirit within you will point out that which is wrong, whereas you will judge. If the scripture says it's wrong, then it is wrong and I am able to call it such. The main folks that have issue with you calling sin, sin, is the ones practicing sin.I tell you what, go out and speak on sin, any sin and see the reaction that you get. They will resist you in some way, either by justifying themselves, our comparing themselves to someone else who they deem to be worst than themselves, or the classic question: "well who do you think you are judging me?" But, they don't get it the conviction comes from the fact that the Holy Spirit has convicted them through the speaking of the Word. Jesus said this of the Holy Spirit:

John 16:7  Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. 
John 16:8  And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 
John 16:9  Of sin, because they believe not on me; 

    But for the saint, no man will have anything by which to judge him (or her). Why? Because as we walk in the Spirit, there is no condemnation or accusation that can come against you. That is why it is so important for the saint of God to be suited up, prayed up, and filled up. The enemy seeks to wound or mar your testimony for the Lord, to neutralize you witness against sin and those who revel in it.

 (16)  For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.
     
    The unsaved are always trying to invent a god to fit their idea of who God should be. From the dawn of humanity man has rejected the true God and has tried to make Him in their way. But it is only through Him revealing Himself to man that we can know Him. But to those whom He does reveal Himself and in doing that the saint in relationship takes on the character of their Savior. Actions and thoughts are of like manner because of the closeness that develops. Thank God for that oneness that we have with Jesus Christ, to share with Him our cares and burdens and He with us His love and compassion.   
 
   I pray that if you have a relationship with Christ, that you may grow closer with Him each and every day. If you don't know Him as Savior, them I invite you as a ambassador to meet Jesus Christ the Savior of your soul. I guarantee you that you will not be disappointed in Him.

Luk 6:47  Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: 
Luk 6:48  He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment